Friday, July 13, 2012

Freeky Friday: Pick Me Up

Freeky Friday


Somehow, my sister became this extraordinary baker. At nearly every family gathering over the past several decades, she always brought with her (or prepared while we were together) batches of chocolate chip cookies and this other chocolate cookie that I have experienced no where else on the planet.

My brother, sister and I are in Tulsa this weekend to celebrate our mother's 90th birthday. The three of us were running errands this morning, when we decided to stop at a local coffee emporium. There, my sister whipped out this treat.



These delicious gems only add to the joy of every time our family has been together for many years now. It's the best pick-me-up I know. I think the rest of my family would agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment